Physician Services Billing Service
We handle all self pay accounts whether they are self pay from the date of service or after insurance remits payment. The first step in this process is to establish a connection into the client’s database and define the parameters as it relates to the collection of the accounts. At that time we begin accessing the accounts immediately utilizing the client’s system and any software modules in place. This will allow the collection effort to be seamless and both organizations will have a clear understanding of what has transpired on the patient’s account. Furthermore, this allows the facility to concentrate their efforts on accounts as it relates to the filing and resolution of any insurance claims. We begin by providing the patient with various options such as establishing a payment plan, paying the balance in full or when deemed necessary and forwarding the account to bad debt. Thereby placing said account with our collection/legal department. The pre-collect work is softer and allows for more leniency but credit reports are still used to determine financial status and accuracy. When a credit bureau proves the patient can pay the debt in full, we require they do so to keep the account from sitting on the A/R.
As we are providing this front line service for our clients as well as handling their bad debt we have found it is providing several advantages:
1. We keep record of self pay and make sure the figures are in line with previous months while striving to increase each future month.
2. Accounts that are determined uncollectible on the front end are sent straight to bad debt or written off by the client to avoid further costs to the client and/or our office, via extra letters, statements and phone calls.
3. If insurance is brought forward by the patient, we provide it gets to the proper individual’s to file for payment. Thus reducing denials and write off’s due to accounts that exceed timely filing limits.
4. We handle all settlements with attorneys, file all necessary liens, and make the patient’s attorney aware of all outstanding charges. Furthermore we required a letter of protection to hold the file from going to bad debt.
5. We negotiate payoffs with pre-established guidelines provided by the client.
6. Our phone number is reflected on the statements for billing and payment; the client’s number is reflected for insurance questions. This is allowing the client to focus on insurance and not be distracted by handling self pay accounts.
Our pre-collection program is designed to rapidly collect the accounts receivable and often times we customize this effort based on client needs. The program can be more intense or less intense based on a clients needs. Our cost is driven by the customization of the program once both organizations have an understanding of the parameters. In order to present the client with a relative idea of cost we have listed the available fee arrangements.
Complete integration of the collection process – Physician Services will bill a percentage of all self pay collection accounts on a monthly basis. This process includes all of the above mentioned detail and allows the client to focus on insurance only. All inbound and outbound phone calls regarding self pay are handled by Physician Services. Statements are still the responsibility of the facility but all letters and contacts are made by Physician Services. Accounts are then placed into payment categories, bad debt or back into suspense due to an insurance dispute.
Hourly Labor Plan
Same as above however the cost is billed monthly based on the actual labor hours involved in the pre-collect process.
Cost per letter structure based on client’s request. Physician Services will send letters for the client in order to inspire payment prior to bad debt placement. This can be an effective tool but follow up is imperative. Since the account will not be in our database and we will not be logged into the client’s database, we will not be aware of whether the patient pays or not.
Low Cost Pre-collect Letters
Pre-collect letters - $2.50 per letter with a maximum of two letters in the initial 30 day period. If the account is not paid to the client within 30 days the account is immediately converted to a bad debt account with our current fee agreement.
It is imperative to state that the above pricing is only a starting point. The pre-collect process is designed to fit a clients needs and often times pricing is negotiable based on the final plan of action.
Our office is always willing to develop and implement new methods and achieve the ultimate goal of a higher net return. The pre-collect process should be an extension of the business office and handled professionally, consistently and effectively. Physician Services believes in client satisfaction and we do not require or ask for a binding contract for our services under any circumstances.